This was Lucas' favorite part of swim lessons. :) A little bribing....
Sunday, May 3, 2015
Wednesday, April 15, 2015
1. What is your name? You-cus (although sometimes he says, "I'm not You-cus, I'm a boy!")
2. How old are you? Three
3. What is your favorite color? Pink
4. Who is your best friend? Mommy, Daddy, doggy, Christian, Noah, and Curious George
5. What is your favorite animal? White doggy (who is actually gray all over now.)
6. What is your favorite drink? Milk
7. What is your favorite movie? Tangled
8. What makes you happy? Playing toys
9. What makes you sad? About pooping in my diaper-- (This is an entire different story, let's just say it's been a struggle.)
10. What is your favorite shirt? (No response)
11. What is your favorite toy? Construction Trucks
12. What is your favorite thing to do outside? I like to play with the scooter.
13. What is your favorite book? Good Night, Good Night Construction Site
14. What is your favorite thing to eat for breakfast? Oatmeal
15. What is your favorite snack? Captain's Booty (Pirate's Booty) and candies (so true!)
16. What is your favorite game? (No response)
Thursday, April 2, 2015
Lucas' current favorites include:
- Anything construction trucks (he likes cars too, but mostly construction trucks)
- The book "Put Me in the Zoo" by Robert Lopshire
- Yogurt (In general he's a funny little eater and nibbles like a hamster.)
- Playing outside (He likes riding his too-small firetruck, pushing the bubble lawnmower, and is getting the hang of the Razor scooter.)
- His stuffed Doggy and 2 crocheted blankets (Lucas still has a strong attachment to his puppy stuffed animal who is looking less and less like a dog these days.)
- Snuggling (sometimes)
- Playing with play dough
- Hot cocoa with a straw and sprinkles
- Getting his hair washed at bath time
- Sharing Mommy's lap while reading books
- Potty training :P
At Lucas' 3 year check up back at the end of January he weighed 31 pounds and 3 ounces putting him in the 44th percentile and was 38.5 inches tall putting him in the 73rd percentile for little boys his age. (He is a skinny little thing- he struggles keeping his pants up.)
For Lucas' actual Birthday we decided to keep it low-key (since it's the day after Christmas) and decided to have a little birthday party for him in our new house in January (post to come.) We had special pancakes at Nana's for breakfast and cupcakes at Grandma's in the evening (we were still living with the R family at the time.)
Wednesday, February 25, 2015
And now, that it is almost March (ahh!) I'm posting about Christmas. ;) Christmas of 2014 was a little different not living in own home (not that we haven't moved in December before.) Our packers and movers arrived late November right before Thanksgiving and put our things in storage. Steve finished the rest of his semester (thru mid- December) while the boys and I stayed with the R family in the meantime. Despite being transients for a short time we really enjoyed spending time with our families. Of course, we were able to easily get in the Christmas spirit by decorating, baking, and enjoying fun holiday festivities with them in their homes. We spent Christmas Day with my family and a few days later celebrated with Steve's family when everyone's schedules lined up.
Sunday, February 8, 2015
Our last days in Fort Collins before the move were a little rushed with "goodbyes" and "farewells." Steve was still crazy busy with school work and finishing up his classes for his Masters degree. Our packers and movers came the week before Thanksgiving in hopes of being able to rent out the home we lived in a little sooner and to make the holiday season more enjoyable. We LOVE Fort Collins and it was so hard to say goodbye. Such fond memories in that town! For all we know we will end up there again in the future (after all, we never thought that we would live there again after college!)
One of our favorite spots in the Winter or hot Summer days was a local play place called Cool Beans!
Here are some random photos from November :)
Lucas helping me feed Noah:
We LOVED our awesome big backyard in our Fort Collins home. It had the best hill for sledding and the slip n' slide!
One of the first snows for the season! So excited!