Saturday, May 5, 2012

Solo with Two

Steve was TDY this week to Tampa (poor guy) making this my first 5 days/5 nights alone with both boys. Steve is usually only home for about two hours before the boys' bedtimes anyway, but those two hours make all the difference. I've said it before, but now it rings truer than ever- I have MUCH respect for single parents, and I am that much more grateful for a wonderful, helpful husband!

Things I learned this week:
1. Ben and Jerry's Chocolate Therapy Ice Cream is a.maz.ing!
2. Christian's pajama-dressing routine is different than his morning dressing routine and he is very certain it has to be done in this particular way. (Steve has been putting Christian to bed regularly for the past 4 months.)
3. Having lunch's leftovers for dinner is okay.
4. Coinciding naps are the best thing ever- Wait, I already knew that, but it has been a Godsend this week.
5. New activities, snacks, and even toys make the days a little more exciting for everyone. I made "Slime" one afternoon (thank you Pinterest,) a childhood favorite of mine.

Things I am thankful for this week:
1. Lucas sleeping through the night because the days were so long (6:45 am - 8:45 pm!)
2. Christian being an overall good helper and obeying Mommy (especially since he has been testing us quite a bit lately!) For example, he cleaned up all his toys while I nursed and put Lucas to bed. I was pleased to find this surprise :o)
3. Christian doing awesome in his potty training = diaper changing for one instead of two.








And at last! Daddy is home!!

2 comments:

Joann said...

You are an awesome mom Erin.

Kimberly said...

Amen for good daddies!! Looks like you guys had a great time while Steve was away. Isn't it hard to imagine that one day these kids will be able to dress and feed themselves??! Nah, can't be true :-)