Tuesday, October 15, 2013

39 weeks and Happy Birthday to Noah Levi!

On the evening of October 8 around 7:30 pm I began to have my first "painful/non-Braxton Hicks" contractions. Half an hour later at 8 pm my contractions became consistent every 5 minutes. In the past I haven't had false labor, so I knew this could be it. Though the contractions weren't super painful, they were consistent so we had a couple of Steve's fellow grad students come over to "watch" the boys (thankfully the boys were already sound asleep.) At 10 pm we leisurely went to hospital. My mom drove up from Denver at this time to relieve the girls that were watching Christian and Lucas. Checking in I was 5 cm dilated. By 11 pm I was 6 cm and they admitted me. Somewhere in there (I lost track of time at this point) my contractions became intense and I was already 9 cm. I ordered a spinal block to get some temporary relief which was thankfully granted. By now we were just waiting for my water to break. After waiting for about an hour my spinal was beginning to wear off and my OB broke my water. Things progressed quickly after that and after 3 or 4 pushes (and I could feel A LOT by now) little Noah eagerly made his way out like a pro. Noah Levi was born at 1:28 am October 9th (39 weeks) weighing in at exactly 7 lbs and was 20.5 inches long. He was warmly greeted by big brothers Christian and Lucas and we have had lots of family visiting and helping (yay for being home in Colorado!) Noah immediately took to breast feeding and has been pretty alert at times. As expected, differentiating between night and day has been a bit of a struggle. We are so thankful for another beautiful, healthy baby boy! God is so good!







 Christian's first reaction, "Ohh, he's cute!"







 The 6 grandchildren on my side of the family. (5 boys and 6 kids in 5 years!)


Getting ready to head home!


Compare: Christian's Birthday 2009
Lucas' Birthday 2011

1 comment:

Michaela said...

You have a precious family! Congratulations on baby Noah.